STC Silver Community Award – Ohio Chapter
For finding creative ways to engage with members virtually, expanding your members understanding of inclusive terminology, and clearly explaining volunteer opportunities within the chapter.
Our award-winning community includes a diverse group of writers, editors, content developers, instructional designers, information architects, illustrators, graphic artists, and more. As one of the most active geographical communities in STC International, we strive to add value to our members by providing a variety of educational and networking opportunities.
Now that our transition to “Ohio Society for Technical Communication” is complete, we are excited as we expand our reach across Ohio.
Lines & Letters Newsletter
What’s New and Newsworthy with Ohio STC
Wow! The latest issue of Lines & Letters is jam-packed full of great articles. In this issue:
- Times of Transition (President’s Column)
- A Leadership Program of Interest (June 8)
- Society Honors
- 2022 Summit Recap
- Age Is Not Just a Number
- Spotlight on Jennifer Goode (and Mercer’s M.S. program)
- Yes, You Can Make High Quality Informational Videos Quickly (April 2022 Monthly Meeting)
- What Keywords Should Go in a Resume? (Meeting Review)
- Dianetti and Tiggs Are Winners
- Welcome to the Circular Economy (Book Review)
Win a $20 Gift Card – Answer an STC-related question to be in the drawing. Instead of a drawing for someone who submits an article to our newsletter, we are opening up the drawing to anyone who correctly answers the following question and submits the answer by midnight EST May 20, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Slack Community
Chapter Member Exclusive!
Slack is an app where we can have real-time conversations, share thoughts, documents, and photos quickly and easily. Let’s use Slack to engage more and get to know one another!
- Check out the #chapter-discussions channel to stay up-to-date with our chapter.
- Join the conversation about tech comm issues on the #general channel.
- Post or find job leads on the #jobs channel.
- Visit the #randomchannel for entertaining water-cooler banter.
Ready to join? Contact email@example.com to get connected.Learn More